Visit beautiful Bled castle and enjoy Bled lake
… Bled castle – according to written sources, the oldest castle in Slovenia, first mentioned in a 1011.
Perched atop a steep cliff rising 130 metres above the glacial Lake Bled. A symbol of Bled and Slovenia – Bled Castle. The image of the castle forming a dramatic backdrop to the romantic island and the church on it has earned the resort worldwide recognition through the centuries. Castle terraces offer spectacular views of the lake and the island, down the Dežela area with Lesce and Radovljica and over to the mountain ranges of the Karavanke and the Julian Alps.
Owing to its strategic geographic location, Bled has always been an important venue of high–level political and other official meetings. Its castle has been visited by a number of high-ranking statesmen who enjoyed the breathtakingly beautiful views of the surrounding nature.
Special offer: tickets for the castle (museum, restaurant, printing works, wine cellar, forge, knight’s hall, chapel, well and the view)
According to written sources, the oldest castle in Slovenia, first mentioned in a 1011 donation deed as castellum Veldes.
More than 90 % of the people visit Bled by bus from Ljubljana bus station. Do you wonder why?
– you get a bus ticket and travel information at the ticket offices of Ljubljana bus station from our friendly sales people,
– you travel only a little more than an hour,
– the bus stops in the middle of Bled, 5 minutes of walk from the lake,
– you can choose from hourly departures and half an hour-summer time, departures from Ljubljana bus station and back,
– you get familiar with all the scenery coming to your way while on the bus,
– you have the chance to buy a unique Bled package (Mega package – more details below),
and don’t forget, traveling by bus is: safe, affordable, user and eco-friedly.
Opening hours of Bled castle
|Nov - Mar||8.00 - 18.00|
|Apr, May, Jun, Sept, Oct||8.00 - 20.00|
|Jul - Aug||8.00 - 21.00|
We recommend a nice walk from Bled bus station to the entrance – it only takes 10-15 minutes.